External grants: Research
- Sept. 2016 – Aug. 2021, Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Partnership Grant, International Collaborator.
Words in the World
- Sept. 2013 – Mar. 2017, Leverhulme Trust, Principal Investigator
Effects of orthography on phonology in second language speakers of English
(Co-I: Jackie Masterson, UCL IoE).
- 2009, British Academy Small Grant
Bilingualism and thought: Counterfactual reasoning in Chinese-English bilingual speakers
- 2005, British Academy Small Grant
Effects of pinyin on the pronunciation of Chinese as a second language
External grants: Training and travel
- 2012, Worldwide Universities Network Mobility Fund
- 2011, ESRC Bursary for Training
- 2005, British Academy Overseas Conference Grant.
- 2013, University of York, funding for a Research Support Officer (with P. Wakeling).
- 2013, Department of Education, University of York, Pump Priming Grant (with P. Wakeling).
- 2012, University of York, funding for a Research Support Officer (with D. Trenkic).
- 2011, Department of Education, University of York, Pump Priming Grant.
- 2008, Birkbeck School Research Priority Fund.
- 2008, Birkbeck Research Conference Grant.