Current doctoral researchers
- Wanyin Li, working on the processing of collocations in Chinese learners of English
- Monika Szczech, working on pronunciation in visually impaired learners of English (second supervisor)
Postdoctoral Research Fellows
- Dr Paolo Mairano (2015-17). Now Lecturer at the University of Lille, France.
- Dr Tania Cerni (2015-17). Now Research Fellow at the University of Trento, Italy.
- Second supervisor, Noorin Rodenhurst (2017/18), working on sentence processing in bilingual children.
- Second supervisor, Heeyang Park (2016/17-2017/18), working on English literacy in Korean children.
- Hala Al-Ghamdi, 2013/14, working on handwriting in English as a second language.
- Haiwei Zhang, 2013/14, working on handwriting in Chinese as a second language. Now a Lecturer at Minzu University, Beijing, China.
- Jiang Yu, 2007/08. Now a Lecturer at Capital Normal University, Beijing, China.
Postgraduate research assistants
- Nathan Atkinson (2011).
- Alessandra Panicacci (2016-17).
- Rosicler Reinboldt (2017).
MA/MSc dissertation supervision
Thirty-six MA/MSc empirical dissertations supervised to completion for MA TESOL, MA ELT, and MSc Intercultural Communication for Business and the Professions.
Undergraduate research officers
- James Collins (2013, with P. Wakeling)
- Hannah Trott (2013, with P. Wakeling)
- Annie Clarke (2012, with D. Trenkic).